Did you get into an accident recently and are searching for Houston brake repair near me? At Kwik Kar, we understand that this can be a very stressful situation. It’s not only tedious, but it’s also dangerous as well. Driving without brakes has shown to be fatal for many people. In order to protect from outcomes like that, come and get your brake repairs done with us. We will make it easy, fast and dependable for you.
For this article, we will showcase the usual problems that might come up with brakes and how to tell the symptoms of damaged brakes. Kwik Kar wants to fix your auto issues and give you the insight to avoid repairs in the future. If your brakes have sustained damage, don’t worry we have all of the proper equipment and specialists to bring your car back to mint condition. When damages like this occur, take a brake and let the professionals handle it for you!
What Makes Up Your Brakes?
- Calipers The caliper is the mechanical device that presses to the brake rotor on your wheel during braking.
- Brake Pads – These are pieces that will attach to the caliper and directly touch the rotor in order to apply the force and friction that the wheels need to stop.
- Rotors – The rotor is a thick metal disc that surrounds the axle of each wheel.
- Parking Brake – The parking brake is known as a self-locking system, which is mainly for long-term brakes or to protect against rolling down a hill or getting your car moved.
- Brake Lines – Brake fluid is provided for the brakes through these lines that are basically made of pipes of steel.
- ABS Components This term means “anti-lock braking system” and is the key function of controlling the pressure of the brakes.
- Master Cylinders & Brake Boosters – The Master Cylinder will apply the thrust of pressure which forces the brake fluid to head to the brake pads. The brake booster will be added to make it easier to stop with your brake pedal.
Symptoms Of Bad Brakes
If you are driving, there are a couple of experiences that will point to worn brakes. If you find that you can relate to one or more of the issues we mention below, you should absolutely come and get your brakes checked out. They can be on the verge of breaking down and you may be able to save your car from getting even worse. This tells you that it is a great time to get an auto repair to avoid future damages.
If you hear squeaking when you are pressing down on the brakes, it can be a result of worn out brake pads. This essentially means that your brakes are not able to maintain the full force it needs to keep the car braking and there are slight gaps where the pads are just grazing the rotor instead of pressing on it.
Other situations during the drive time that could indicate brake problems are if you notice that your car is wobbly or pulsating when you press down on the brakes. This will mean that the rotor of your brakes is warped and in need of repair. There is simply not enough traction to make an impact and hold the brake constant.
Of course, another way to know if your brakes are bad is if you see the brake light turn on.
How Can You Protect Your Brakes?
When you are driving, there are some things that you can do which will alleviate the stress on your brakes. These will consist of driving in less traffic and avoiding the amount of stop and go driving that you’re doing. It is perhaps one of the biggest areas that people can help ease their car’s brake use. Especially if you’re living in Houston where traffic seems inescapable. If you can manage to bypass it, you will be saving money on your brakes in the process.
Another way to help your brakes is to not drive as reckless or aggressive as you normally might. Many drivers will be so caught up in having to compensate for wild driving that they don’t even realize how much force they are applying to the brakes. If you are constantly having to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting another car, running up on a curve or just to stop at a light, you are doing the worst for your car.
Remember, you can always increase your brake life by driving smooth, not riding the brake pedal, and generally driving with a lesser load of weight in the car. All of these can have immediate influences on your vehicle. Your brakes will certainly be grateful, too. After all, they are in constant use and just a little relief can go a long way.
Kwik Kar Offers Houston Brake Repair Near Me
Come and get your brake repairs from us at Kwik Kar! We have all of the popular services available with plenty of our staff on hand and ready to help. We even have the ability to accept and redeem coupons from other competitors and give you a taste of how a truly great auto shop performs.
When there is a brake problem in your car, don’t hesitate to find a Houston brake repair near me. Kwik Kar is capable of dealing with all of the issues that your brake might incur. We have the highest level of equipment and software run by excellent staff. Each of Kwik Kar’s team members has an exceptional background in the auto mechanic industry. They have worked on hundreds of cars and have years of experience fixing everything from brakes to the exhaust.
Get the best customer service and car care from our staff. Their skills might even seem inexhaustible, to tell you the truth. That’s why they are here with Kwik Kar ready to help you now. We employ the best in order to offer the best. Come and get your brakes repaired today, we can provide all of the auto services that you might need. Call us now for your brake repairs today at (281) 345-6500 or simply contact us online. We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
FUN FACTS ABOUT HOUSTON
- Memorial Park is larger than New York City’s Central Park
- The HLS&R is held every Spring and raises millions for kids to go to college
- Galveston Beach is only a short 45-minute drive from downtown Houston
- Click here to learn more about Houston Texas